Effective May 27, 2020: After weeks of planning, protocol training, and implementing enhanced safety measures that exceed state and federal regulations, we are slowly reintroducing services at all milk + honey locations this week. For our founder’s note on reopening, please read here.
Phase 1 of our reopening begins on June 1 and we will expand our service offering to include massage, esthetics, and nail treatments. This phase is also voluntary for our employees.
All services will be offered in a reduced capacity, in staggered appointment times, and with necessary modifications. In addition to blowout and keratin services, all Body Treatments, Couples Treatments, and the Warm Oil Head and Neck Massage and Hair Masque enhancements will be suspended until further notice. Any steam elements received in facial services will be replaced with hot towel compresses. Select online appointments will be available to reserve, but we will continue to primarily contact clients who have joined the reservations waitlist. You may join the waitlist here.
Locations Hours: Vary by location. Please call 512.236.1115 to inquire.
We wanted to create a “portal” of information that strikes a balance between location re-opening updates along with at-home healthy habits, self-care, and moments of pause while we ride this out.
We hope that this page will help answer some FAQs and we look forward to seeing you soon. Stay safe, healthy, and close to home!
Important Safety Measures & Guidelines
Locations Hours: Vary by location. Please call 512.236.1115 to inquire.
Please take a moment to review some of our updated employee safety protocols as well as new guidelines we request all clients to adhere to while in any milk + honey location. Thank you for helping to keep our staff and community healthy.
- At this time, we are recalling employees on a volunteer basis. It is not mandatory that service providers return to work.
- We have updated our paid-time-off policy to include an expanded sick leave benefit. This benefit is for all employees to use toward sickness, disability, medical appointments, or if a doctor has recommended that they self-isolate due to coming into close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19.
- We have partnered with Remedy, a fleet of open-air, drive-thru COVID-19 testing sites in Austin, Fort Worth, and Houston, that is available 24/7, 365 days a year. This partnership provides our team with free COVID-19 evaluation and testing.
- All milk + honey employees are required to certify they have not been in close contact with anyone who is/was COVID-19 positive to their knowledge.
- All milk + honey employees are required to have their temperature checked with a non-touch thermometer when they arrive to work. Any employee with a temperature of 100ºF or higher will be sent home.
- Employees will continue to follow strict sanitation policies before, during, and after each service and/or client interaction.
- Upon arrival at any milk + honey location, there will be additional safety and sanitation measures noted throughout the space. We will have visual social distancing markers in the retail and lobby area as well as the lounge to ensure physical space is kept between individuals.
- Clients are required to wear masks upon arrival and throughout the duration of their reservation. There will be minor exceptions, which include facials, facial waxing, and changing from a personal mask to a disposable one for haircolor services.
- Only the client receiving the service is permitted to enter. Additional guests, including children, will not be permitted. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Social distancing will be enforced — with the exception of the service provider that a client is scheduled with.
- All clients will be asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to their reservation to allow time for an extended check-in. Check-in will include taking the client’s temperature with a non-touch thermometer. If the temperature is above 100ºF, we will ask the client to reschedule.
- Our concierge will verbally screen clients upon arrival and inquire about the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain/headache
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish
- Known contact with a person confirmed positive for COVID-19
- A temporary sanitation surcharge will be added to each ticket.
- We will make every effort to make payments touchless. The same card used to schedule the reservation should be physically shown to the Concierge at the time of checkout.
- Clients should bring minimal personal items to their reservation.
- Our amenities in the locker room are temporarily unavailable, including showers, robes, sandals, and styling products.
- We encourage clients to bring their own water bottles but will provide water upon request in single-use cups.
- We recommend that our Concierge handle all retail and ask that clients refrain from touching the products on the shelves. If a client would like to try something, they may request a sample in a single-use container.
Join the Waitlist for Spa & Salon Services
We are slowly reintroducing services at all milk + honey locations this week. Phase 1 of our reopening begins on June 1 and we will expand our service offering to include massage, esthetics, and nail treatments.
Using the link below, fill out this form with your contact information and we will reach out to you directly. As always, thank you for your patronage.
milk + honey masterclasses
Join us as milk + honey therapists, estheticians, and stylists share their expert tips on self-care and wellness at-home. Follow us on social media or sign up for our newsletter to get Masterclass announcements, updates, and recordings.
Stay tuned for more classes!
A Meditative State Part 3 with Liliana Salas
At-Home Trimming and Hair Maintenance with milk + honey stylist Jaimie Reid
A Meditative State Part 2 with Liliana Salas
A Meditative State Part 1 with Liliana Salas
Self-Massage + Stretching
with milk + honey therapists Jemma Chapel and Adam Burch
Healing & Hydrating Stressed-Out Skin
with milk + honey esthetician Jess Heron
Will my membership service be rolled over?
Yes! Additionally, our location managers are actively reaching out to our Membership clients directly with information about skipping charges on April 1st, until we reopen.
Will my series expiration be extended?
Yes, we are extending series redemption to one year.
How can I stay up to date on the latest milk + honey news?
We’re working tirelessly to bring you joyful, calming content daily at @milkandhoneyspa. Feel free to DM us any tutorial or takeover requests — we’re all ears!
When will you be open?
We’re currently in our soft opening week, but Phase 1 begins on June 1 for all milk + honey locations. We will offer massage, esthetics, nail treatments, and salon services at a reduced capacity.
Live chat or email us at email@example.com
employee relief fund
We’ve been working tirelessly to support our incredible service providers and support staff, who are not currently able to perform their daily schedule of treatments and tasks due to this unprecedented situation, by providing ongoing healthcare and paid time-off benefits, daily communication regarding resources, and an employee assistance fund.
This fund includes an employee relief stipend, opportunities to earn income outside of their normal job functions, as well as the efforts listed below.
join us online
daily wellness tips, joyful content, and good news