Waxing, Tweezing, Tinting, and Microblading
Waxing is a popular method of removing unwanted hair. By removing hair at the root, new hair doesn’t grow back for up to eight weeks. While waxing isn’t one of our most relaxing spa treatments, it certainly helps many of our clients look great and feel more confident. To learn more about how to get the most out of your waxing visit, simply jump to the bottom of the page.
- Do not shave or wax for at least 3 to 4 weeks prior to your treatment.
- For Brazilian and bikini waxes, please trim any long hair to minimize discomfort. Hair should be no more than 1/2″ or less than 1/4″ of growth.
- Female clients may have heightened sensitivity during the week prior to or during menstruation.
- Limit your caffeine intake the day of your waxing service. Caffeine stimulates the nervous system and increases sensitivity.
Before your wax, please do not…
- Use Retin-A/Renova for at least 30 days.
- Use Accutane for at least one year.
- Use peels (glycolic, AHA, etcetera) or dermabrasion on the area for at least 24 hours.
- Consume excessive amounts of alcohol or sunbathe for at least 48 hours.
- Use self-tanners, exfoliants or moisturizers the day of the service – they can cause irritations to the sensitive hair follicles that are open after waxing.
What about after I get waxed?
- Minimize skin irritation by applying aloe vera or hydrocortisone cream to the treated area.
- You may wash the waxed area, but refrain from using harsh cleansers or creams for 24 – 48 hours.
- Stay away from hot tubs, hot showers, hot baths, sunbathing and tanning for at least 24 – 48 hours.
- For ingrown hair, try Flawless by Whish, available at both spa locations.
- Prevent ingrown hairs by avoiding exfoliation for 2 – 3 days and then exfoliating the area regularly.
- Avoid shaving in between waxing treatments.
We require a complimentary 15-minute microblading consultation with all customized microblading appointments.
Please request to book and our concierge will assist in scheduling your consultation plus desired treatment.
Our Memberships and series are a wonderful way to enjoy additional benefits with your frequent visits.
More milk + honey
Treat someone in your life to milk + honey. Our bestselling treatments, include our relaxing Signature Massage, Signature Facial, and natural nail therapy.
milk + honey Products
We source the highest quality ingredients and essential oils — always hyperclean, plant-based, and organic as possible. We are committed to creating products that not only smell and feel luxurious, but yield effective results with long-lasting benefits.
SALON by milk + honey
SALON by milk + honey offers luxurious treatments, expert service by the top stylists in Texas, and the cleanest products possible in a design-forward environment.