We want you to have a truly exceptional spa experience every single time you visit milk + honey. To ensure this, don’t be afraid to ask questions, especially those that may affect your time spent here.
If we haven’t answered your question below, please call us directly at 512.236.1115, 713.231.0250, or email reservations.
Before You Even Get There
To hold a reservation, you must provide a valid credit card number with an expiration date. This applies even if you intend to pay with a gift certificate. milk + honey will not charge your card unless you miss your appointment, at which time you will be charged half the treatment price.
Life can be busy and full of the unexpected, so if you must cancel your treatment, be sure to give us 24-hour notice. Should you not arrive for your scheduled reservation, or cancel within the 24 hour period before, you will be charged half of the treatment price.
For women who are expecting and for those individuals with an existing medical condition, please contact us at 512.236.1115 or 713.231.0250 prior to your massage treatment. We perform massage on expectant mothers who are in their second or third trimester. And for those with existing medical conditions, we’d like to discuss the best and safest massage options before you arrive for your appointment.
Please note: We do not perform Body Treatments with Steam on expectant mothers.
Spa Partisans Under the Age of 18
In order to ensure a safe, relaxing environment for all of our guests, we ask that our clients abide by the following policies:
- Nail Care: Well-behaved children ages 5 – 15 may receive a manicure, pedicure, or polish change when accompanied by an adult. Partisans under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. If you wish to schedule multiple children, each child must have an adult accompanying them to receive services.
- Hair Care: We offer hair services for persons ages 5 to 17. Partisans under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Skin Care: Teenagers between the ages of 12 to 17 may receive facial services and/or facial and arm waxing. Underage clients may not receive waxing services below the waist.
- Massage Care: Teenagers ages 15 to 17 may receive the Head, Hands, and Foot Massage with the same-gender therapist. Client is required to wear swimwear or be fully clothed to receive service.
We ask all of our clients:
- For the safety and comfort of our guests and staff: babies, toddlers, and children are not permitted to accompany an adult during service or to the relaxation lounge and must be accompanied with another adult if waiting in the outer lobby area. We are happy to reschedule your reservation to a date and time that childcare is secured.
- Children ages 17 and under must have a parent or guardian in the spa throughout the duration of their treatment. The client and the parent/guardian must also provide written consent before any services commence.
- All guests must keep all conversations to a whisper, as not to disrupt our other clients.
milk + honey reserves the right to terminate any service at any point if we feel that the child is interrupting other clients’ relaxation.
As a Spa Partisan, we know you want to show appreciation for the quality service provided by milk + honey practitioners. Gratuities at milk + honey average between 18 and 22 percent of the treatment price, but we always respect your tipping decisions. You may give your practitioner a tip in cash or by credit card at the front desk at check out.
Return and Refund Policy
milk + honey accepts MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover and cash. milk + honey does not accept personal checks.
- Services: If you are not completely satisfied with your service, please contact a manager to discuss your experience at email@example.com.
- Products: Once the purchase is located and confirmed in our system, unused and unopened items may be returned within 30 days of the original purchase for a full refund to the original method of payment. If your purchase was made more than 30 days prior or has been opened/used, please contact a manager to discuss your options at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gift Certificates: Once the purchase is located and confirmed in our system, a gift certificate may be returned for remaining balance to the original payment method. If a bonus gift certificate was awarded in conjunction with the original gift certificate purchase, the bonus gift certificate will need to be returned as well.
To save time and make the most of your visit to milk + honey, we encourage you to fill out intake forms before you arrive. Upon each visit, you will need to complete and sign the appropriate form(s) before we can commence your services.
Please print and fill out the form(s) that apply to your service(s) and bring them to the front desk staff upon arrival to milk + honey:
Facials and Skin Treatments
Early bird gets the worm.
Please arrive 15 – 20 minutes before your appointment. Arriving early allows you to find a good parking spot and to transition from the outside world to the tranquility of milk + honey. You may also fill out paperwork and change into a robe and slippers provided prior to your treatment. Arriving late cheats you out of valuable treatment time. If you arrive late, your treatment will still end on time in consideration of the next client.
Arrival / Getting There
If I’m late, what happens? Do you cancel my appointment?
Arriving late cuts down on your valuable treatment time. If you arrive late, your treatment will still end on time in consideration of the next client. For waxing treatments (other than an eyebrow wax/tweeze), we are usually able to accommodate an arrival of up to five minutes late, and will complete the service as much as possible with the allotted time that is left. For all other services, for arrivals up to 15 minutes after the appointment start time, the service will be accommodated as much as possible with the time that is left. We will always accommodate as much of the appointment time as your late arrival allows.
How do I get there? And is there parking?
Our 2nd Street District Location milk + honey lies in the heart of the 2nd Street District of downtown Austin, at the corner of Guadalupe Street and West Cesar Chavez Street. View contact information, parking advice, and a map of our Downtown Location.
Downtown Location Parking milk + honey is close to several paid parking areas, including the AMLI on 2nd Garage, AMLI Downtown Garage, and City Hall. We offer two-hour parking validation at all of those locations. Metered spots are available on nearby streets. Click here for complete parking information.
OK, seriously, where is the downtown location? Google Maps is telling me a different address. The 2nd Street District location is located at 100A Guadalupe Street, which is on the corner of Guadalupe and West Cesar Chavez Street. If Google Maps is telling you to go to Colorado Street, ignore it — that’s our old address. We apologize for the confusion.
Directions to Our Hill Country Galleria Location milk + honey is located in building D1 of the Hill Country Galleria in the city of Bee Cave. We’re close to Lakeway, Westlake Hills, and Lake Travis. View contact information, parking advice, and a map of our Galleria Location.
Directions to Our River Oaks Location milk + honey is located in the West Ave River Oaks development in Suite A134 (across from Tootsies and Pondicheri). The entrance to the spa is located on the first floor. View contact information, parking advice, and a map of our River Oaks Location.
You’re Here, Now What
What do I wear?
Clients who have reserved a massage, facial, or body treatment will receive a locker, robe, and slippers when they arrive at milk + honey.
As you change into your robe, dress to your comfort level. During a massage treatment, our therapists drape you to protect your privacy, so being completely naked is appropriate. If you feel more comfortable wearing undergarments for your massage, please feel free to do so. If your treatment involves rinsing with water or certain waxing treatments, milk + honey can also provide disposable underwear.
Cell Phones and Laptops
milk + honey is a tranquil retreat, and we want to create an atmosphere that allows all our clients to escape from the world outside. In consideration of others, please refrain from talking on your cell phone inside the spa. All cell phones must be in silent mode or turned off while at milk + honey. We also request that you don’t use a laptop in our lounge, but you may use your laptop while getting a pedicure, if you so choose.
milk + honey cannot be responsible for any valuables brought into the spa, even those left in our lockers. We recommend that you keep your valuables with you at all times or leave them at home.
Medical Conditions and Allergies
When scheduling your treatment, please let us know if you have any physical ailments, medical conditions, or allergies. Our practitioners should also be notified if you are pregnant, have high blood pressure, a heart condition, or any other medical condition. Our staff will personalize your treatment to meet any special needs or accommodations you may require. milk + honey practitioners cannot work on clients with open wounds, abrasions, or other skin conditions. If you have any questions about a spa treatment and your health, please consult a doctor.
Tips for a Great Spa Experience
How should I prep for a wax?
- Do not shave or wax for at least 3 to 4 weeks prior to your treatment.
- For Brazilian and bikini waxes, please trim any long hair to minimize discomfort. Hair should be no more than 1/2″ or less than 1/4″ of growth.
- Female clients may have heightened sensitivity during the week prior to or during menstruation.
- Limit your caffeine intake the day of your waxing service. Caffeine stimulates the nervous system and increases sensitivity.
Before your wax, please do not…
- Use Retin-A/Renova for at least 30 days.
- Use Accutane for at least one year.
- Use peels (glycolic, AHA, etcetera) or dermabrasion on the area for at least 24 hours.
- Consume excessive amounts of alcohol or sunbathe for at least 48 hours.
- Use self-tanners, exfoliants or moisturizers the day of the service – they can cause irritations to the sensitive hair follicles that are open after waxing.
What about after I get waxed?
- Minimize skin irritation by applying aloe vera or hydrocortisone cream to the treated area.
- You may wash the waxed area, but refrain from using harsh cleansers or creams for 24 – 48 hours.
- Stay away from hot tubs, hot showers, hot baths, sunbathing and tanning for at least 24 – 48 hours.
- For ingrown hair try Flawless by Whish, available at both spa locations.
- Prevent ingrown hairs by avoiding exfoliation for 2 – 3 days and then exfoliating the area regularly.
- Avoid shaving in between waxing treatments.
I’m curious about getting a peel — tell me more.
Peels can have a transformative effect on your skin, but need the right preparation. If you are interested in receiving a peel, please call to set up a complimentary skin analysis/consultation with one of our licensed skin care professionals prior to reserving a time for your peel. This analysis will ensure whether or not you are a candidate for the peel process.
**Please note that the CosMedix Advanced Peels are not designed to accompany any facials. The peels must be booked individually, at least 2 weeks after any facial or waxing treatment.