After weeks of planning and protocol training, we’ve implemented enhanced safety measures that exceed state and federal regulations at all milk + honey locations this week.
We offer our full menu of massage, esthetics, nail treatments, and salon services.
All services will be offered in a reduced capacity, in staggered appointment times, and with necessary modifications. All Couples Treatments (including Couples Massage) are suspended until further notice.
We’ve created a “portal” of information that strikes a balance between at-home healthy habits, self-care, and moments of pause while we continue to ride this out.
We hope that this page will help answer some FAQs and we look forward to seeing you soon. Stay safe, healthy, and close to home!
Important Safety Measures & Guidelines
Please take a moment to review some of our updated employee safety protocols as well as new guidelines we request all clients to adhere to while in any milk + honey location. Thank you for helping to keep our staff and community healthy.
- At this time, we are recalling employees on a volunteer basis. It is not mandatory that service providers return to work.
- We have updated our paid-time-off policy to include an expanded sick leave benefit. This benefit is for all employees to use toward sickness, disability, medical appointments, or if a doctor has recommended that they self-isolate due to coming into close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19.
- We have partnered with Remedy, a fleet of open-air, drive-thru COVID-19 testing sites in Austin, Fort Worth, and Houston, that is available 24/7, 365 days a year. This partnership provides our team with free COVID-19 evaluation and testing.
- All milk + honey employees are required to certify they have not been in close contact with anyone who is/was COVID-19 positive to their knowledge.
- All milk + honey employees are required to have their temperature checked with a non-touch thermometer when they arrive to work. Any employee with a temperature of 100ºF or higher will be sent home.
- Employees will continue to follow strict sanitation policies before, during, and after each service and/or client interaction.
- Upon arrival at any milk + honey location, there will be additional safety and sanitation measures noted throughout the space. We will have visual social distancing markers in the retail and lobby area as well as the lounge to ensure physical space is kept between individuals.
- Clients are required to wear masks upon arrival and throughout the duration of their reservation. There will be minor exceptions, which include facials, facial waxing, and changing from a personal mask to a disposable one for haircolor services.
- Only the client receiving the service is permitted to enter. Additional guests, including children, will not be permitted. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Social distancing will be enforced — with the exception of the service provider that a client is scheduled with.
- All clients will be asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to their reservation to allow time for an extended check-in. Check-in will include taking the client’s temperature with a non-touch thermometer. If the temperature is above 100ºF, we will ask the client to reschedule.
- Our concierge will verbally screen clients upon arrival and inquire about the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain/headache
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish
- Known contact with a person confirmed positive for COVID-19
- We will make every effort to make payments touchless. The same card used to schedule the reservation should be physically shown to the Concierge at the time of checkout.
- Clients should bring minimal personal items to their reservation.
- We encourage clients to bring their own water bottles but will provide water upon request in single-use cups.
- We recommend that our Concierge handle all retail and ask that clients refrain from touching the products on the shelves. If a client would like to try something, they may request a sample in a single-use container.
milk + honey masterclasses
Join us as milk + honey therapists, estheticians, and stylists share their expert tips on self-care and wellness at-home. Follow us on social media or sign up for our newsletter to get Masterclass announcements, updates, and recordings.
Stay tuned for more classes!
A Meditative State Part 3 with Liliana Salas
At-Home Trimming and Hair Maintenance with milk + honey stylist Jaimie Reid
A Meditative State Part 2 with Liliana Salas
A Meditative State Part 1 with Liliana Salas
Self-Massage + Stretching
with milk + honey therapists Jemma Chapel and Adam Burch
Healing & Hydrating Stressed-Out Skin
with milk + honey esthetician Jess Heron
During the temporary closure, will my membership service be rolled over?
Yes! Additionally, our location managers have reached out to our Membership clients directly with information about skipping charges from April 1, 2020 through reopening.
Because of the temporary closure, will my series expiration be extended?
Yes, we extended qualifying series redemption to one year.
How can I stay up to date on the latest milk + honey news?
We’re working tirelessly to bring you joyful, calming content daily at @milkandhoneyspa. Feel free to DM us any tutorial or takeover requests — we’re all ears!
When will you be open?
We’re currently open at all locations. We offer massage, esthetics, nail treatments, and salon services at a reduced capacity.
Live chat or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
join us online
daily wellness tips, joyful content, and good news